Today we moved onto hot water dyes. I had only every used cold water dyes before and was always disappointed with the depth of colour. Steve went through all the details of making up a dye bath and I found this really interesting I look forward to in other years creating my own dyes for projects. Today we folded the fabric, used shapes and clamps to create a resist. I created quite a few sampled but I feel this was my most successful. The circle clamps however weren’t on quite tight enough so the initially yellow dye bleed underneath. However I really liked the soft effect this gave to the edges. I would like to develop some of my less successful dye samples with stitch in the last few weeks.