I wanted to develop my prints to try and give them more depth and texture. The first print was originally an accidental miss print but I decided to keep using it by repeating the miss print and bringing in the two different tones of blue. I feel that his print gave an interesting mix and I learnt that sometimes not everything needs to be perfect and actually over laying prints could create a really interesting mix of visuals.
I developed the second print with a simple reverse appliqué the technique was very effective and gave the print added texture and colour. It created a background for the window and created another point of interest. The second print was developed by reverse appliqué with lace and dissolvable fabric to create window like features in the print. I don’t feel these developments were as effective as I would have liked but were just an experiment for me. These techniques may lend themselves to different prints.