We have decided that in the presentation tomorrow our background will have the images running on loop with a few artist ideas within it. This is to hopefully portray the experience of seeing the city in so many ways and allow the audience to fully understand our initial concept. We will then have boards which express our other options for outcomes. We will then cover these topics thought the presentation. This will guide us to cover all the important content in the presentation.
- Mind map: Research, Interests and Skills.
- Interested from the beginning about going into the city.
- Combining themes we decided to develop the perspective.
Initial Artist Research
- Marco Hemmerling, CityScope.
- Arnaud Lapierre, Ring.
- Anish Kapoor.
- David Hockney
- Frank Geary
- Creating Forms.
- Mosaic Mirrors, different shapes.
- Create different reflecting angles.
- Tin Foil was unsuccessful.
- Created initial paper and card pieces.
- They were bendable and relatively small.
- Developed into Clay.
- Clay held the intended shapes and created a more portable feel.
- Locations were selected from people’s previous work.
- Weather was good.
- Shared the mirrors equally.
- Looked for other reflective objects in the city.
- The locations we chose were iconic places in Cardiff.
- It was fun and exploratory day with the mirrors.
Evaluating the Process
- Quick to make.
- Photographed well.
- The paper was bendable and easy to manipulate.
- Relatively inexpensive.
- Using a more long lasting adhesive to make them permanent.
- Wouldn’t use clay; use some sort of plaster, tilling grout.
Possible Development: Natasha
Possible Development: Shawn
Possible Development Two
- Treating the photos as Art themselves.
- David Hockney
- Used as Art or advertising for the city. Eva Graphics.
Evaluate Group Project
- Good use of everybody’s skills.
- Regular communication (mostly).
- Included everyone’s individual research.
- Timescale was achieved.
- Waiting for materials due to delivery.
- Some lack of communication that affected the groups planning.
- Timetabling and other work clashing, we could have organised around it better.