The colour scheme was something I am particularly concerned with. I fully understand the importance of colour and how much an impact colour can have. I have been taking inspiration from the colour scheme predicted in WGSN “Edgelands S/S 2017” report.
This is a board selection of colours but there is a emphasis on harmonious colours. The too ends of the spectrum meet at two neutral colours. I feel that I will need a few more neutral colours in my collection to portray the easy to live with feel needed for the “Murmur” range.I decided to use photoshop to quickly experiment with colours. It was easy to piece colours next to each other. I feel that using the blue and green colours from the report will fit with the “Murmur” brand. Using photoshop I put different colours next to each other find a good contrasting or complimentary colour. It also allowed me to quickly change saturation, tints and shades. I finally came to the bottom right which is three original colours from the colour palette and a tint of the pink. I feel the pink adds in a different complimentary colour and will lift some of the colours and designs. After working with the colour scheme in Illustrator and doing some colour mixing with gouache I found I needed some more neutral colours. I found the pink to be too dull so brightened it and made it more contrasting by taking out any blue tones in it. I also created a tint of this colour to create another neutral colour. I found the beige colour was too harsh against the green and blue colours and it looked “muddy”. I therefore added white to create a tint. This allows me three neutral shades to work with the darker blues and pink. I also created a tint from darkest blue as I feel it needed a bridge colour between the neutrals and the deeper colours. The bottom right row is my final colour scheme.