Today will be one of the final days I spend exploring in the Dye Labs. I feel that I have developed so much over the last couple of sessions, the progress has been slow but I have found it really rewarding. I have a better understanding of direct dyes and mixing up pigments.
- I finalised the orange in my palette by +1g Buttercup Yellow and another +1g of Pink Red. This intensified the colour and made it more orange compared to last time when it was more pink.
- I also finalised the pink in my palette. I combined the brown mix I developed last time with the Pink Red and Cherry Red Mix. I felt the pink was too dull in the last session and this new mix has given the right amount of vibrance while the brown mix balances out the fuchsia like pink.
- I also removed the Sand Beige from my dye mix for the yellow. It now better matches the yellow that I have been printing with and therefore the colour on the palette.