Final Collection: Collection Printing #1

IMG_7598

Today I began to print the final collection, I had previously mixed up the pigments and was ready to print. The first hurdle I had to overcome was getting the vibrancy right on the darker coloured fabrics. I found that adding white to the pigments thickened them up and made them more opaque however it altered them too far from the colour palette. Therefore, I found it more effective to print a white background and then print the design over the top. Β It allowed the vibrancy to come through properly but adds in another step.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s